This sample is a custom extension to the CrmSvcUtil.exe program that ships in the Dynamics CRM 2013 SDK. The purpose of this program is to generate C# or VB source code containing early-bound entity types and option set types from the metadata of your CRM server. This code can then be included in your mobile app projects. This enables you to make use of both out-of-box and any custom or customized entities in your code.
Building the Sample
To build the program, follow these steps.
- Obtain the CrmSvcUtil.exe program and the Microsoft.Xrm.Sdk.dll assembly from the Bin folder of the CRM 2013 SDK. You can download the SDK from http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/dynamics/crm/dn467921.aspx.
- Load the CrmSvcMobileUtil.sln solution file into Visual Studio 2013.
- Add references to CrmSvcUtil.exe and Microsoft.Xrm.Sdk.dll in the project.
- Press F6 to build the program.
Running the Program
For information on how to run the program, see the SDK topic: Create early bound entity classes with the code generation tool (CrmSvcUtil.exe).
- The sample files are not intended to be used in a production environment. You should deploy this sample to a test environment and examine it for interaction or interference with other parts of the system.
- This program was written by Kenichiro Nakamura at Microsoft.
For more information about writing an extension to the CrmSvcUtil program, see Create extensions for the code generation tool.
You can download code: